10/26/10

October 26th, 2010





All roads lead to Rome,
Past paths covered in lies,
and littered with the corpses,
of your fallen Alibis.


Even if you reach the goal,
the fair city far ahead,
hearts still beat in the fleet of the scorned,
wishing to see you lie dead.


Vengeance burns deep down below,
your enemies having just the stomach,
until the truth's revealed to all,
their determination cannot be unstuck.


Prove yourself changed or come not near,
for your ill words I refuse to hear.

I've been working on naming Characters for NaNoWriMo, but it's quite odd. I've  this love of older names, and at the same time cannot choose a single one. The poem above came from sitting, waiting for the cookies to bake in the oven, right after the internet sent me yet another sign that I should trust someone I'd like to trust again. Again, my head is reeling, so I shall finish cleaning up the kitchen, and go draw. That should help clear my mind, for some good plotting.

Write Long & Edit,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment