11/27/10

November 27th, 2010

For the first time in my life,
or at least that I can remember,
I am going to fail and accept the fact.
I'm not rushing to catch up,
nor am I lying to hide my lack of success.
Honestly, 
I am not going to win, 
and I'm okay with that.

Hey, it's been a while. Basically, NaNoWriMo is a No-Go this year. Less than 10,000 words. I started really strong, but got distracted, and then had stress coming at me from all different angles. Normally, I'd be freaking out, spazzing and trying to catch up. But really, doing that would only stress me out more. I didn't finish NaNoWriMo. I've a 66% success rate. It's passing, at least.
I am going to finish my novel though. I didn't realize how much I prefer to write by hand until recently. So I'm going to print out my 9,000+ words, and start over. My point of view is going to change, the time line will be tweaked. I'm going to like it more. Much, much more.
This blog will continue, as will my writing. I'm okay with that too.

Write Long & Edit,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. hey, it's several thousand words you didn't have before NaNoWriMo started, right? i'm proud of you for even wanting to finish!

    ReplyDelete