5/8/11

Instead

I could be writing of the terrible mindset I seem to have put myself in. I could recall the woe of being reject by someone I'm enamoured by, the inability to wear pants with a size smaller than half my age, and the instability found in the rapidly changing moods of my parents. Oh wait, no. I can't. I have found it physically impossible to do such. Instead, for the moment being I feel quite content, happy even. So, now you get to hear about that.


I received acceptance to my first choice school. There is a chance we're "poor enough" to have 2/3 of my tuition covered. I'm going to get to move out, but will always have a home to come back to. I have a really great relationship with my mum. I tell her almost anything, she's like my best friend/secret keeper/chauffeur. It's warm enough to walk home from school, I've been able to fit in an hour of running into my day, and it is officially 'shorts weather' in my world. I'm excited for prom, graduation and parade season. I love using gouges and chisels for art, and have only stabbed one finger (left thumb) twice.


Just when I started to feel as though my friends haven't a single shit to give, a fantastic redhead proves me wrong. She has written on my facebook wall, and did to me in her own blog. I have no clue how to show her how much it means, or let her know how much I appreciate her. But I will, even if I have to draw her and duct tape said drawing to the whiteboard of our lit class. (Everyone knows, only the classiest get their portraits done by artists.)


Now, I am off to look up scholarships, job applications (I've decided I'm saving for a netbook to write with, and a camera lens), more information on my future place of education, and plot how I'm going to show Melissa how glad I am that we are friends.


Sarah

1 comment: